Japan Exchange Group (JPX) released Trading Overview in September 2016 and the first half of FY2016. Japan Exchange Group operates multiple securities exchanges including Tokyo Stock Exchange which operates cash equity market and Osaka Securities Exchange which operates derivatives market.
Cash Equity Market
- The total trading value for the Stock market was 48.857 trillion JPY, decreased by 9.8% from the previous month and 15.3% from the last year, with 2.44 trillion JPY of the daily average trading value.
- The monthly average trading value for the most traded market, TSE 1st Section (domestic common stocks) was 48.976 trillion JPY (-10.4% MoM, -15.9% YoY) with its daily averaged trading value of 2.298 trillion JPY. The trading volume for the market accounted for 94.1% of the total stocks trading volume.
- The monthly trading value for the EFT market was 3.2771 trillion JPY, declined by 8.9% from the previous month and 53.9% from the last year.
- The biggest MoM drop for trading value among the domestic stocks was TSE 2nd Section, which decreased by 39.4% to 369.89 billion JPY.
- The trading value of both Mothers and JASDAQ grew by about 10% from the previous month.
- The total derivatives trading volume was 23,977,632 units, increased by 13.9% month-on-month, but decreased by 35.2% year-on-year.
- The total derivatives trading value was 211.717 trillion JPY, surged by 46.9% MoM, but dropped by 26.7% YoY.
- The monthly trading volume for the night session was 7,064,489 contracts and accounted for 29.5%.
- The monthly trading volume of TSE REIT Index futures was 42,812 contracts, the third-highest on record.
- The monthly trading volume of DJIA Futures reached 8,772 contracts, hit a new high since August 2015.
H1 of FY2016 (April-September 2016)
Cash Equity Market
- In the first half of FY2016, the daily average trading value for the TSE 1st Section (domestic common stocks) was JPY 2.4338 trillion.
- In the ETF market, the daily average trading value reached JPY 235.5 billion, the third-highest on a half-yearly basis.
- The total derivatives trading volume was 150,694,169 contracts, the third-highest on record for the first half of a fiscal year.
- Nikkei 225 minis and TOPIX Futures both marked their third-highest trading volumes over the same period.
- The total derivatives trading value was 1,040 trillion JPY. Total trading value for equity index derivatives reached 510 trillion JPY.
- The trading volume of TSE REIT Index futures reached 120,975 contracts, a record high on a half-yearly basis.
(Source: Japan Exchange Group )
- 2016/09/02 Japan Exchange Group reports drop of trading volume in August, but night session maintains its share
- 2016/08/12 Japan Exchange Group discloses financial statement of 1Q of FY
- 2016/08/03 Japan Exchange Group reports ADV of TSE 1st Section records high since February
- 2016/07/05 Japan Exchange Group reports derivative trading value surged by 107.7 percent in June