Japan Financial Services Agency (JFSA) updated the list of unregistered financial operators. During September, 1 foreign operator and 3 domestic operators are newly added. Those operators on the list are not allowed to operate financial services in Japan or solicit Japanese customers because they don’t have proper regulatory licenses. They were issued warning notifications by the JFSA.
The total number of unregistered operators on the list rose to 602, consisting of 441 Japanese operators since April, 2010 and 161 foreign operators since January, 2011.
Following operators were added to the list in September.
- PWS Service LTD.,
PWS Services is located in UK and offers OTC derivative trading named “OptionTrust” and solicited customers via internet.
- Capital Swift Investments
- 919binary Administration Office
- Shigeki Endo (CEO of Dream Japan Co., Ltd.,)
Capital Swift Investments and 919 binary Administration Office also conducted soliciting customers for trading OTC derivative products. Their services are “J.E.T OPTION” and “919binary (Quick Binary)” respectively.
In the case of Mr. Shigeki Endo who is CEO of Dream Japan, based on the investigation by Kanto Local Finance Bureau, it was identified that his company engaged in brokering for sales and purchase of listed stocks and trading initial public offerings to customers without statutory registration. Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission (SESC) filed a petition with the Tokyo District Court for injunction against the Company and its manager to prohibit and suspend them from above activities.
(Source: Japan Financial Services Agency (JFSA))
- 2015/06/23 JFSA latest list of unregistered operators names totally over 570 companies since 2010
- 2015/05/28 Number of Unregistered operators were warned by Japanese authority
- 2015/05/25 JFSA raise an alarm over unregistered foreign and domestic operators
- 2015/05/13 JFSA warns and added UK broker to the list of unregistered firm