Japan Exchange Group (JPX) released Trading Overview in February 2016. Japan Exchange Group operates multiple securities exchanges including Tokyo Stock Exchange which operates cash equity market and Osaka Securities Exchange which operates derivatives market. During the month, the daily average trading value for Tokyo Stock Exchange 1st Section exceeded 3 trillion JPY for the first time since August 2015.
Cash Equity Market
- The daily average trading value for the TSE 1st Section reached 3.2223 trillion JPY. The total trading value was 64.4466 trillion JPY, increased by 14.5% month-over-month, and by 16.6% year-over-year.
- The monthly trading value for ETF was 7.5868 trillion JPY. While the value decreased by 4.4% from the previous month, it was the second highest on record following January 2016. Comparing with the same month last year, the figure surged by 102.6%.
- In the REIT market, monetary easing pushed monthly trading value up to 1.4294 trillion JPY, setting an all-time high. It almost doubled from the last month's figure.
- The total derivatives trading volume was 36,415,531 contracts, increased by 67.5% Year-over-year, setting a record high for February. Its daily average volume was 1,820,777 contracts.
- The total derivatives trading value was 211 trillion JPY, decreased by 7% from the previous month and increased by 25.8% from the last year. Trading value for equity index derivatives reached 110 trillion JPY (-15.9% MoM, +52.3% YoY) with its daily average value of 5.5 trillion JPY.
- Trading volume for the night session was 14,421,146 contracts and the ratio of the night session was 39.6%, hitting the second highest on record.
(Source: Japan Exchange Group )
- 2016/02/17 JPX and IBM Japan to Start Proof of Concept Testing for Blockchain Technology
- 2015/12/02 Japan Exchange Group released trading overview in November, ADV of TSE 1st section reached 2.8 trillion JPY
- 2015/11/13 Japan Exchange Group discloses financial result from Apr to Sep, profit increased by 44.5 percent
- 2015/11/05 Japan Exchange Group released monthly overview in October, cash equity saw slight growth but derivatives had major fall