Following the release of consolidated financial result for H1 of FY2016 which shows downward of the operating revenue, Japan Exchange Group (JPX) disclosed Trading Overview in October 2016. Japan Exchange Group operates multiple securities exchanges including Tokyo Stock Exchange which operates cash equity market and Osaka Securities Exchange which operates derivatives market.
Cash Equity Market
- The total trading value for the Domestic Stock market was 48.1 trillion JPY, decreased by 1.5% month-on-month and by 19.2% year-on-year.
- The daily average of total domestic stock trading valu was 2.405 trillion JPY.
- The monthly trading value for the TSE 1st Section (domestic common stocks) which was the most traded market was 45.118 trillion JPY (-1.9% MoM, -19.9% YoY) with its daily averaged trading value of 2.255 trillion JPY. The trading volume for the market accounted for 93.8% of the total stocks trading volume.
- The monthly trading value for the EFT market was 2.788 trillion JPY, decreased by 14.9% month-on-month and significantly dropped by 46.4% from the same month last year.
- The total derivatives trading volume was 19,090,080 contracts, decreased by 20.4% month-on-month, 26.9% year-on-year.
- The total derivatives trading value was 118 trillion JPY, and trading value for equity index derivatives reached 60 trillion JPY.
- The Monthly trading volume for the night session was 6,272,790 contracts and accounted for 32.9%.
(Source: Japan Exchange Group )
- 2016/10/31 Japan Exchange Group reports downward of consolidated financial result for H1 of FY2016
- 2016/10/05 Japan Exchange Group, September and H1 result, TSE REIT Index futures hit the record high on half-yearly basis
- 2016/09/02 Japan Exchange Group reports drop of trading volume in August, but night session maintains its share
- 2016/08/12 Japan Exchange Group discloses financial statement of 1Q of FY