Japan Exchange Group (JPX) released Trading Overview in November2015. Japan Exchange Group operates multiple securities exchanges including Tokyo Stock Exchange which operates cash equity market and Osaka Securities Exchange which operates derivatives market.
Cash Equity Market
- The total trading value combining TSE 1st Section, 2nd Section, Mothers, JASDAQ and Pro Market came in at 56.666 trillion JPY, down by 4.9% month-over-month, and -10% year-over-year.
- The monthly trading value for the most traded market, TSE 1st Section, was 53.529 trillion JPY, decreased by 4.9% MOM and -6.6% YOY.
- The daily average trading value for the TSE 1st Section reached 2.8173 trillion JPY, exceeding 2.5 trillion JPY for the fourteenth consecutive months.
- In the ETF market, monthly trading value was 4.3902 trillion JPY.
- Since listing on November 4, the stocks of Japan Post Holdings, Japan Post Insurance, and Japan Post Bank have been heavily traded, and the daily average of the combined trading value of these three stocks has exceeded 150 billion JPY.
- The total derivatives trading volume was 22,984,419 contract, declined by 12% MOM and -25.3% YOY, with a daily average of 1,209,706 contracts.
- Total derivatives trading value was 160 trillion JPY, decreased by 1.9% MOM and 23% YOY.
- Trading value for equity index derivatives reached 82 trillion JPY with its daily average trading value of 4.4 trillion JPY.
- Trading volume for the night session was 8,797,208 contracts. The trading volume accounted for 38.3% of the total volume, which was the second-highest on record. (The highest record was established in January 2015 with 39.3%)
(Source: Japan Exchange Group)
- 2015/11/13 Japan Exchange Group discloses financial result from Apr to Sep, profit increased by 44.5 percent
- 2015/11/05 Japan Exchange Group released monthly overview in October, cash equity saw slight growth but derivatives had major fall
- 2015/08/28 Japan Exchange Group arrrowwhead system will be significantly revamped next month
- 2015/06/04 Japan Exchange Group introduces Oracle GoldenGate to enhance accuracy of data