Japan Exchange Group (JPX) released Trading Overview in July 2016. Japan Exchange Group operates multiple securities exchanges including Tokyo Stock Exchange which operates cash equity market and Osaka Securities Exchange which operates derivatives market.
Cash Equity Market
- Total trading value of domestic stocks was 56,697,299 million JPY, decreased by 1% MoM and 16.5% YoY, with daily average of 2,834,865.
- The daily average trading value for the TSE 1st Section (domestic common stocks) reached 2.6645 trillion JPY, a high since February 2016. It grow by 3% MoM, but declined by 14.8% YoY.
- In the ETF market, monthly trading value was 5.3218 trillion JPY.
- Total derivatives trading volume was 24,342,089 contracts, significantly decrased by 24.1% MoM and 23.9% YoY.
- Trading volume for TSE Mothers Index Futures, which was launched on July 19, was 10,519 contracts.
- Total derivatives trading value was 146 trillion JPY inclusing trading value for equity index derivatives of 71 trillion JPY.
- Monthly trading volume for the night session was 7,756,606 contracts and the night session accounted for 31.9%, exceeding 30% for the fifteenth consecutive month.
(Source: Japan Exchange Group )
- 2016/07/05 Japan Exchange Group reports derivative trading value surged by 107.7% in June
- 2016/05/09 Japan Exchange Group reports derivative trading volume is the 2nd highest on record for April
- 2016/04/05 Japan Exchange Group reports trading overview for March and FY2015 with all-time highs
- 2016/03/03 JPX reports ADV for TSE 1st section exceeded 3 trillion JPY in February