Japan Exchange Group (JPX) released Trading Overview in June 2016 and the first half of the year (January-June). Japan Exchange Group operates multiple securities exchanges including Tokyo Stock Exchange which operates cash equity market and Osaka Securities Exchange which operates derivatives market.
Cash Equity Market
- Monthly total trading value of Stocks was 57.277 trillion JPY with its daily averaged value was 2.603 trillion JPY. The monthly figure increased by 14.9% from the previous month, but decreased by -16.5% from the same month last year.
- Monthly trading value for the TSE 1st Section (domestic common stocks) reached 51.733 trillion JPY, increased by 15.7% from the previous month but decreased by 18.4% from the last year. Its daily averaged value was 2.351 trillion JPY.
- In the ETF market, the monthly trading value was 6.1789 trillion JPY, the sixth-highest on record. The value significantly grew by 43.3% MoM, and 22% YoY.
- In the REIT market, the monthly trading value was 1.175 trillion JPY, increased by 22% from the previous month and 37.2% from the last year.
- The total derivatives trading volume was 32,058,681 contracts, grew by 57.5% MoM but dropped by 6.1% YoY. The daily average trading volume reached 1,457,213 contracts.
- The total derivatives trading value was 251.592 trillion JPY, significantly surged by 107.7% from the previous month but decreased by 20.4% from the last year.
- The monthly trading volume for the night session was 10,018,620 contracts and the ratio of the night session was 31.3%.
- For TSE REIT Index futures, monthly trading volume reached 50,209 contracts, an all-time high.
Cash Equity Market
- The daily average trading value for the TSE 1st Section was JPY 2.6646 rillion.
- The daily average trading value for ETFs reached JPY 314.9 billion, a record high on a half-yearly basis.
- The total derivatives trading volume was 190,144,889 contracts, the second-highest on record.
- Total derivatives trading value was JPY 1,232 trillion, and trading value for equity index derivatives reached JPY 637 trillion, an all-time high.
- The trading volume for the night session was 67,763,999 contracts, and the ratio of the night session was 35.6%, both all-time highs.
(Source: Japan Exchange Group )
- 2016/05/09 Japan Exchange Group reports derivative trading volume is the 2nd highest on record for April
- 2016/04/05 Japan Exchange Group reports trading overview for March and FY2015 with all-time highs
- 2016/03/03 JPX reports ADV for TSE 1st section exceeded 3 trillion JPY in February
- 2016/02/17 JPX and IBM Japan to Start Proof of Concept Testing for Blockchain Technology