Along with the announcement of the launch of FinTech Promotion Office, Tokyo Financial Exchange (TFX) reported monthly trading volume in May, 2016. The combined trading volume for all TFX products was 3,549,878, decreased by 9.9% from the previous month and remained the same year-on-year.
Click365 (Exchange Margin Forex contracts) including Click365 Large
- Total amount of deposit at the end of May was 509.9 billion JPY, increased by 0.8% (4.7 billion JPY) from the previous month. The figure reached a record high.
- The number of accounts at the end of the month was 733,529, increased by 0.67% from the previous month.
- The total trading volume was 3,010,274 contracts, decreased by 4.8% MoM, but increased by 8.9% YoY.
- The average daily trading volume was 136,830 contracts, dropped from 156,626 contracts in April.
- The total open interest at the end of the month was 1,937,404, decreased by 2.2% from the previous month.
- The monthly trading volume of Click 365 Large (5 currency pairs) which is listed on November 30 was 23,243 contracts, grew by 29% from the previous month and hit the record high. The averaged daily trading volume was 1,057 contracts.
- CHF/JPY showed an amazing growth with 219.7% from the previous month.
- Monthly trading volume of both the most traded currency pair, USD/JPY and the second most traded one, EUR/JPY declined by 4.8% and 13.4% respectively.
Click Kabu 365 (Exchange Equity Index Margin contracts)
- Total amount of deposit at the end of May was 41.3 billion JPY, increased by 1.22% (0.5 billion JPY) from the previous month and hit the record high.
- Total monthly trading volume was 395,781 contracts (consisting of Nikkei 225 Margin contract: 387,086, DAX® Margin contracts: 4,337, FTSE 100 Margin contracts: 4,358), decreased by 36.5% MoM and decreased by 36.6% YoY.
- Daily average trading volume was 18,020 contacts. (ref: 29,702 contracts for April)
- Total open interest at the end of the month was 181,332.
Three-month Euroyen futures
The trading volume of Three-month Euroyen futures was 143,823, decreased by 5.7% from the previous month, and also dropped by 11.2% from last year. The averaged daily trading volume was 7,570.
(Source: Tokyo Financial Exchange )
- 2016/06/02 Tokyo Financial Exchange sets up FinTech promotion Office to accelerate FinTech services
- 2016/05/02 TFX monthly trading overview: trading volume slightly down, but deposited margin set record high
- 2016/04/01 Tokyo Financial Exchange reports on-exchange forex trading volume dropped by 14.9 percent MoM
- 2016/03/02 Tokyo Financial Exchange trading volume in February surged by 65.7 percent YoY