Japan Exchange Group (JPX) released trading overview in May. Japan Exchange Group was established via the business combination between Tokyo Stock Exchange Group and Osaka Securities Exchange on January 1, 2013. JPX operates financial instruments exchange markets to provide market infrastructure and market data as well as clearing and settlement service.
Key Figures of Cash Equity Market
- Total Stocks* trading value was 59.683459 trillion JPY. (-6.5% MoM, +33.0% YoY)
- Daily average trading value of 1st Section was JPY 3.1050 trillion, exceeding JPY 3 trillion for the first time in six months.
- Trading value of ETF was JPY 3.6654 trillion. (-29.3% MoM, +96.4% YoY)
- The market capital of the TSE 1st Section reached JPY 599.9399 trillion, an all-time high.
*Stocks include 1st Section, 2nd Section, Mothers, JASDAQ, and Pro Market.
Key Figures of Derivatives Market
- Total derivatives trading volume was 21,356,121 contracts, with a daily average of 1,186,451 contracts. (-6.2% MoM, +33.7% YoY)
- Total derivatives trading value was 170 trillion JPY. (-4.6% MoM, +35.4% YoY)
- Trading volume for the night session was 7,236,859 contracts, and the ratio of the night session was 33.9%.
- For Nikkei 225 Weekly Option, which was launched on May 25, trading volume was 5,231.
- For JPX-Nikkei 400 futures, trading volume was 628,176 contracts, decreasing by -8.6% MoM, with a daily average of 34,899.
(Source: Japan Exchange Group)