Information Services International-Dentsu ( ISID ) announced the winners of pitch contest at the 5th Financial Innovation Business Conference 2016 ( FIBC2016 ). AlpacaDB, Inc.’s “Capitalico” won the FIBC grand prize at the pitch contest where advanced 21 financial services competed.
FIBC is a FinTech event where FinTech startups, financial institutions and venture capitals can directly interact through pitch contest and networking. At the main program of the event, a pitch contest named “FinPitch”, we can learn a lot of upcoming and existing cutting-edge financial services and get the latest trend in Japanese FinTech field.
This year, the number contestants of FinPitch reached a record-high, totaled 21 companies including 6 foreign companies. The contestants delivered their presentation in English. The attendees witnessed various innovative services including services utilizing blockchain technology and AI technology and settlement services between individual users on the pitch.
- FIBC Grand Prize: Capitalico ( AlpacaDB, Inc. )
- Audience Award: Shift Payments ( Shift Financial, Inc. )
- Sony Bank Innovation Award: PlugAir ( Beatrobo Inc. )
- MITSUBISHI ESTATE Fino Lab Award: Shift Payments ( Shift Financial, Inc. )
- Jury’s Special Award: ConsenSys ( Consensus Systems ), EVERSAFE ( Everspin Co., Ltd. )
- ISID Special Award: I’m IN ( SMILABLE )