Tokyo Financial Exchange ( TFX ) announced the monthly trading volume for April 2016. The combined trading volume for all TFX products of the month was 3,939,323 with its averaged daily trading volume was 187,951, slightly decreased by 7.3% month-over-month, but increased by 6.6% from the same month last year. Deposited margins of Click365 and Clickkabu365 hit new highs respectively.
Click365 (Exchange Margin Forex contracts) including Click365 Large
- Total amount of deposit at the end of April was 505.3 billion JPY, increased by 0.8% (3.7 billion JPY) from the previous month.
- The number of accounts at the end of the month was 728.661, increased by 0.46% from the previous month.
- The total trading volume was 3,163,143 contracts, decreased by 7.9% MoM, but increased by 13.4% YoY.
- The average daily trading volume was 150,626 contracts.
- The total open interest at the end of the month was 1,981,348, up by 2.75% from the previous month.
- The average daily trading volume of Click 365 Large (5 currency pairs) which is listed on November 30 was 860 contracts, significantly increased by 138% from the previous month (361 contracts).
- Trading volume of the most popular currency pair, USD/JPY was 997,170 contracts with an decrease of 50.9% MoM.
- CAD/JPY saw the biggest increased of 110.4% from the previous month, followed by CHF/JPY with 40.2%.
- The biggest MoM drop was seen at GBP/USD with -69.8%.
Click Kabu 365 (Exchange Equity Index Margin contracts)
- Total amount of deposit at the end of April was 40.8 billion JPY, increased by 1.5% (0.7 billion JPY) from the previous month.
- Total monthly trading volume was 623,728 contracts (consisting of Nikkei 225 Margin contract: 623,728, DAX® Margin contracts: 8,774, FTSE 100 Margin contracts: 5,958), increased by 11.1% MoM but decreased by 18.3% YoY.
- Daily average trading volume was 29,702 contacts. (ref: 24,471 contracts for March)
- Total open interest at the end of the month was 186,070.
Three-month Euroyen futures
The trading volume of Three-month Euroyen futures was 152,452, decreased by 40.1% from the previous month, but grew by 7.1% from last year, and its average daily volume was 7,623.
(Source: Tokyo Financial Exchange )
- 2016/04/01 Tokyo Financial Exchange reports on-exchange forex trading volume dropped by 14.9 percent MoM
- 2016/03/02 Tokyo Financial Exchange trading volume in February surged by 65.7 percent YoY
- 2016/02/02 Tokyo Financial Exchange published trading volume in January, all products increased MoM and YoY
- 2016/01/20 Tokyo Financial Exchange published trading result of December and 2015, up 37 percent MoM