Japan Exchange Group (JPX) released Trading Overview in August 2016. Japan Exchange Group operates multiple securities exchanges including Tokyo Stock Exchange which operates cash equity market and Osaka Securities Exchange which operates derivatives market.
Cash Equity Market
- The total trading value for the Stock market was 54.189 trillion JPY, decreased by 4.4% from the previous month and 26.4% from the last year.
- The monthly trading value for the TSE 1st Section (domestic common stocks) which was the most traded market was 51.301 trillion JPY (-3.7% MoM, -26% YoY) with its daily averaged trading value of 2.3319 trillion JPY. The trading volume for the market accounted for 87.7% of the total stocks trading volume.
- The monthly trading value for the EFT market was 3.5975 trillion JPY, significantly dropped by 32.4% from the previous month and 49.8% from the last year.
- The total derivatives trading volume was 21,055,723 contracts, decreased by 13.5% month-on-month, 52.7% year-on-year.
- The total derivatives trading value was 144 trillion JPY, and trading value for equity index derivatives reached 65 trillion JPY.
- The Monthly trading volume for the night session was 6,469,367 contracts and accounted for 30.7%. Its ratio exceeded 30% for the sixteenth consecutive month.
(Source: Japan Exchange Group )
- 2016/08/12 Japan Exchange Group discloses financial statement of 1Q of FY
- 2016/08/03 Japan Exchange Group reports ADV of TSE 1st Section records high since February
- 2016/07/05 Japan Exchange Group reports derivative trading value surged by 107.7 percent in June
- 2016/05/09 Japan Exchange Group reports derivative trading volume is the 2nd highest on record for April